Saturday, May 12, 2012

Scavenger Hunt May 13, 2012

I've been out of sorts for the past couple of weeks and had no motivation to do Scavenger Hunt last week. Then on Sunday, as I looked at everyone else's photos, I was disappointed with myself. So this week I am back in the hunt.

To say that this week was a busy one is an understatement. This week my "baby" graduated from college.  So many feelings! I am blessed with two beautiful, intelligent, compassionate daughters. Now that both are officially "adults"  I am shocked by my crazy feelings. I am so proud of my girls, but feel like my identity is changing as well as theirs. It's been a wonderful few days with my family and while this week's photos may not be creative, they show the best parts of me.

Sidewalk - Yes...this is my graduate. Yes...she is walking the streets of North Philly BAREFOOT! She may have earned her college degree, but she has not learned that high heels and walking all over campus are not a good combination. Well....maybe after this day she learned although I doubt it.

Inspiring - Nothing more inspiring than my wonderful family. My beautiful girls make me smile and fill my heart with joy.  My amazing husband  keeps me sane and somehow survived in a house overflowing with estrogen. (Thanks to my daughter's boyfriend for actually taking this photo for me. It's so unusual for me to be IN a picture!)

Close up - Happy Mother's Day to me :)

With mirror - The graduation celebration continued the next day with a Phillies game.  The best part of a Phillies games is the tailgating.  As you can see in the reflection, we like to start tailgating early.  Notice how many cars are in the lot!  According to my husband, it is NEVER be too early to tailgate.  Technically this isn't a mirror, but the sunglasses worked perfectly.

Time - Time for the Phillies game!  This was taken at 8:03 according to the Sherwin Williams clock! I just love the view of the Philadelphia skyline from behind home plate.

Thank you to my family for giving me so much to celebrate this Mother's Day. I am truly blessed.

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

29 comments:

  1. Awww, my daughter will be a senior in high shool next year and I want it to be a slowwwww year! ; ) Love the [mirrored] reflection in the glasses and love that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big weekend of celebrating for you . . . love your barefoot graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day! I have a granddaughter graduating from high school next week so I really understand you great shots this week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! Love the family photo. I can see the "proud mama" look on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those graduation shots - definitely a good Mother's Day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your graduate! And happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your graduate - we celebrated our younger son's college graduation last weekend!
    These are great shots, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...this made me tear up a little. Great shots to celebrate being Mom! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lovely family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw well done to your daughter, you must so proud what a great gift for Mothers Day :)
    Love your photo's xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous set of memories.... graduation on Mother's Day weekend. My oldest daughter graduated from law school on Mother's Day Weekend (4 years ago - doesn't seem possible). Never been to Philly - but what a lovely skyline... the clock really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your With Mirror shot. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your Daughter and I just love
    to see a happy family... your shots are wonderful!
    The Phillie spring training is about a half mile from
    me and I can hear all the noise during the games..
    Go Phillie's
    Happy Mothers Day!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your time picture. That's a gorgeous skyline! And congrats on the graduation! Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! What a fabulous Mom's Day!
    This series really tells the story well.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your girls have beautiful smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you took the time to post these wonderful photos!! It is very evident that these shots were taken from the heart!! I know you're proud of both of your daughers; they are beautiful!! Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos and a beautiful family - you are truly blessed!
    ENJOY!
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to your daughter!

    You have a beautiful family... and what great pictures --especially Mirror! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to your daughter! My 'baby' is one semester away from college graduation - he took a semester off when he found out he'd be eligible for another soccer season...anyhow - I grew up outside of Phili. Went to Radnor High School. I'm in Boston now ~ and love finding bloggers who are in the same stage of life!! I've got one who would absolutely take off heels and walk barefoot on a sidewalk...and we are a baseball lovin' family! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Photos. Congrats on the new graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great shots - my daughter is graduating from LSU this week, so I'll be heading to Baton Rouge in two days!!! Congratulations to you and your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the barefoot grad! I love any chance I get to be barefoot... I intentionally wear bad shoes sometimes.. just so I have an excuse... lol! maybe that is her plan.. brilliant don't you think? ha ha! =) fun sunglasses shot too... =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cannot believe your girl is graduating. You look like sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great set! Love the sunglasses mirror photo..and he is right - it is never too early for a tailgate party! (or too late!)
    Beautiful all grown up daughters. Take it from one who has been there...you'll find your way through the changing roles! *hug* Enjoy the transition!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. Great group of shots, and what a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!