Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scavenger Hunt 6-10-2012

Some weeks are easier than others.  This was one of those "other" weeks.  Last Sunday when I looked at the prompts I thought they'd be easy, but I a hard time finding what I was looking for. How frustrating!! This is what I came up with:

Travel - One can dream!

Silly - I really wasn't in a silly-seeking mood this week, but this did make me chuckle.  I was standing in my kitchen, looked up and saw that I still have this string of garland hung from Christmas! I'm just leaving it up .  I'll feel like I got a jump start for Christmas 2012 decorating  :)

Black & White - We had some nasty thunderstorms blow through this week.  Crazy skies! This is as black and white as I can get while shooting in color.

Spots -   I wish these were at my house.  The spots of yellow are so cheerful.

Paper - There is nothing like starting the day on the deck with the morning paper, a cup of tea,  and sunshine.

I hope I feel more creative next week!  Thanks for stopping by...and thank you to you all who leave comments. I enjoy them....but not as much as I enjoy looking at your photos.
~Karen

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

15 comments:

  1. OMGosh..that would explain the inflatable Snoopy with the Christmas hat on, in your front yard then? haha. Honestly, I never even NOTICED that up in your kitchen, haha. I REALLY like that cloud shot. The contrast of the b/w ominous clouds against that green tree is quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to laugh at your getting a jump start on decoration for Christmas this year. :) Great shot for spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your silly shot and your paper shot makes me a wee bit sad as "I'll Have Another" had to be retired just before the race due to injury. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That was a shocker. But I give the owners, trainers and the entire team credit for doing the right thing.

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen, I second this week although part of my problem was I waited til the last minute. But you did get a great set, and I love that you already have a head start on Christmas! lol And yes, a girl can dream - love that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your take on travel! And the b/w sky is beautiful. We've had crazy weather this week too! So glad there's another weekend day to settle into with a gentle start ~ will take my book and coffee outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dream of traveling to those places one day too, great hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mornin' Karen, I always love book shots. Have you traveled there or just dreaming? Your clouds are exquisite with that spot of green tree. And those daisies look like they are reaching long for that spot of sunlight peeking through all the drearyness of the recent rains. I have to laugh because when I saw your little bow, stretched taught like that, all I could think of is that the poor little thing is being tortured, "on the rack".
    Must be that I am watching too much CHILLER lately, like I told Kathy earlier. I found her under the boardwalk photo to be rather spooky. LOL Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just dreaming of travel right now Carol. And my daughter is dreaming with me because she bought me those books! As always...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I certainly believe in celebrating Christmas year round...great shots this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your set. Travel made me wonder! Would I need to learn that much? Fun thought. Spot is great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the daisies! They are such happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think having Christmas decorations on in summer is planning ahead :) Love the daisy shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your travel shot. I think it is very creative! And your spots too :D
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love black and white - beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!