Saturday, June 16, 2012

Scavenger Hunt - June 17, 2012

Oh my....when I first saw these prompts last week, I actually broke out in a cold sweat! (ok....maybe I'm exaggerating a bit!) My brain has been in a fog lately and searching for photo opportunities to complete the hunt seemed overwhelming. All week I thought about it, but didn't pick up my camera.  I convinced myself that I wouldn't be participating this week.  Happily, I finally had a couple of free hours, the sun was out, I was enjoying time with my daughter, and we stumbled upon a lavender farm....Oh, Happy Day!!

I'm also linking up to Your Sunday Best this week, so jump on over and check out some more  beautiful photos.

Mother Nature meets technology - I'm not going to lie....I know nothing about what is being done here.  All I know is that there was some machine tucked in with all of the drying lavender and that machine was doing something!
 
One Step At A Time - The flower buds being removed from the stems. One Step in creating the beautiful sachets in the shop.

What's Wrong With This Picture? - The fact that you can't experience the amazing fragrance that surrounded us!
YourSundayBest

Standing Tall - A stretch, but the lavender stems were Standing Tall.

Meet Me At The Corner - After our time at the lavender farm, we ventured down the road to the lake.  Here we saw these two who met at the corner of the pier to do a little fishing.

A day of aromatherapy was just what I needed to relax and clear my head!
Scavenger Hunt Sunday

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I sure wish I could smell the lavender! Love that barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! And I am imaging the wonderful scent of lavender!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I would love to visit the lavendar farm! Nice set of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful set of photos . . . I am just learning to enjoy lavender, never used to like the scent but that is changing. Great shot with the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set. I don't much care for the smell of lavender but I have lots in my yard caus sit is so pretty. And the last shot is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bee is amazing! Gorgeous pictures of the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used photos from your visit to the lavender farm for all of the prompts. Fantastic!

    Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love this. Enjoyed taking the journey to the farm with you! When I look at so many of the plants and leaves this spring, I definitely think "standing tall" as they reach to the warm sun. And when I share photos of my walks, I often think....but they can't hear the birds or feel the breeze. Great set - especially love the one with the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Lavender farm looks right up my alley! A place I would LOVE to shoot at! Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your standing tall photo is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all beautiful! I have never seen a lavender farm. What a wonderful thing to stumble upon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing photography!
    love the bee on the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooooo pretty! I can just about smell all that lavender! Glad you found your finds. I always love peeking in on your hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your standing tall photo is amazing! I'm jealous that I couldn't be around all that lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all amazing.. Love the shot of the bee on the lavender..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful set. Love the picture of the bee. Great capture. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the barn and standing tall -- love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on the clarity of that bee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that third photo of the barn. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great set. What a wonderful place to visit and find your prompts.
    Loved the Stand Tall shot with the Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I swear I can smell the lavender just by looking at your amazing photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow...these are really lovely, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great set - I really like your what's wrong with this picture...and your last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful photos! i love all that lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, what a great find! the first, behind-the-scenes capture is very intriguing to me. wish my screen were scratch and sniff! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!