Sunday, July 1, 2012

Scavenger Hunt ~ July 1, 2012

I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last two weeks. This week I pulled my camera out to distract me from my thoughts.  This has been a week of life events....a baby shower, the funeral of my wonderful mother in law, the birth of a baby, and a wedding to cap the week off.  I'm hoping this week is a quiet one!

Sweet - What could be SWEETer than a proud Papa showing off his precious baby?  Daddy happily showed all of us the ultrasound pics of his son, and then hung around the shower to keep an eye on his wife.  Good thing....little did we know Baby would be born the next day!

Space - And on the same theme as above....the happiness shining from this beautiful bride's face, and the pride of her dear Daddy filled the SPACE with joy.  What could be sweeter than a proud Papa showing off his precious baby?

Funny Face - This is my very happy husband serenading one of his babies at her childhood friend's wedding.  I look at this picture and I can hear her contagious laughter. 

Hanging Around - And here are the stunning bride and handsome groom HANGING AROUND after the wedding ceremony.  So much happiness!

Sunset - Had to hit the archives for this one...but that's OK because I look at this picture quite often.  This is a sunset in Hawaii.  Looking at this photo brings me peace...and it's much prettier than any sunsets I saw this week!

As I was wandering around with my camera the day after my mother in law's funeral, I came across this beautiful statue.  She looks so serene...a reminder to me that Heaven has another beautiful angel to watch over our family. 
YourSundayBestRamblings and Photos

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you a Happy July!! 
Thanks to Sarah Halstead for hosting Scavenger Hunt at The Naptime Momtag.  (my Scavenger Hunt button doesn't seem to be working!)


18 comments:

  1. Wow, I would say a roller coaster for sure! So sorry about your Mother-in-law. My absolute favorite is that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be good to yourself, Karen.............sounds like you've had more than your share of major life events to deal with. Please accept my condolences on your Mother-in-law's passing. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sunset! So sorry about your mother in law, may your memories be for a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week for emotions...some so very sad, some so very happy. You have captured them all so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous photo's and interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous week, & beautiful captures! LOVE the proud papa shot!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your MIL. You really had a life full circle week. Birth, death, wedding! That's a lot of emotion. Rest up, have a sweet week. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry for your family's loss -- your photos are lovely and capture so many important life events. Wishing you a quiet week, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow . . . roller coaster,indeed, but I think your photos have captured what makes life worth living . . . life, love, laughter, family, friends and rest. Love the angel shot and the Dad and daughter pic, too. Hope you are able to find a more even emotional keel this week and my condolences to you and your family in your time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't think I would have been as great as you seem in handling so many emotions in such a short period of time. Do take some time for yourself in the next week.
    Love the pic of HANGING AROUND - what a beautiful bride... and they look so happy! I also loved the additional pic of the angel... sending hugs from blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW- what a full week with lots of ups & downs. Saddened to hear about your mother-in-law. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happiness, joy and sorrow...presented with so much beauty!! But boy, what a week...I need a nap just reading about it!! Wishing you a peaceful week this week, to enjoy those 10 little toes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a crazy week. Your pictures are lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful!! Love them. So sorry it has been a such a roller coaster the past couple of weeks. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! I love your Hawaiian sunset--gorgeous! I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for the comfort and peace that can only come from God and that you will find joy in the happy memories you have of your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad there were some joyous events this past week!
    Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Endings and beginnings... I am very sorry for your loss.

    Your pictures are full of hope and happiness... lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots - I hope you have an easier week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!