Saturday, July 21, 2012

Scavenger Hunt...July 22, 2012

What a busy week!  Last weekend my sister and I spent a stinking hot  fun-filled weekend in Denver, Colorado.  We had a great time catching up with family and spent several hours with our cameras. (note - mine is still un-named. I am open to suggestions!) We were hoping that the prompts would fit all of the photos we took.  No such luck....at least for me.  Luckily (??) this weekend was a busy one too.

Wrapped - After an overnight trip with Hubby, we hit the road at 6:30AM Saturday.  I have no idea why we left so early, but we did.  I have no idea why I was actually awake, but I was.  Awake enough to grab my camera and capture some shots of the mountains of central Pennsylvania wrapped in fog.

Time Together - After getting home, I took off for a local Celtic Festival.  Bagpipe music fascinates me, as do bagpipers.  Where else in the U.S.A. can a man wear a skirt kilt and knee socks an blend right in?  These bagpipers spent their time together entertaining me and quite a few other people.
YourSundayBest
Tell me a story - OK...This will take a couple of pictures though! Part of the musical entertainment was a family who played fiddles, flutes, bagpipes, drums and also threw in some Celtic Step Dancing .  The youngest member of the family is 6 years old and his fiddle is pint-sized! As he started to play with the family, he looked a little unhappy to be pulled away from the "normal" play of a little boy...
...but, as he played, he obviously was enjoying the admiration of the audience and was happy to be making toe-tapping music with his family.

Love or Couple - As the music continued, this couple jumped up to dance.  They must be in love...they are in synch and even dress alike. They were great!

Duplicated - My ONE photo from last weekend that fit a prompt!  Each floor was a duplicate of the one above and below it.

Thanks for dropping by! I'm off to check out your photos.........Karen
 Scavenger Hunt Sunday

20 comments:

  1. First picture is super cool! Love the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bit of trouble with these myself, and had to make my trip to the beach today fit them. Love that the couple just got up and started dancing, and from the looks of her muscles in her legs this isn't the first time! haha

    Looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures you show.
    Wishing you a good Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures - love the kilted men and I also love the sound of bagpipes it can send shivers downs my spine :))
    Sounds and looks like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I love the dancing Couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unusual and interesting shots this week, Karen. The kilts are fun and the little boy with the fiddle -- how amazing. Thank you for sharing at YSB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bagpipes too - looks like a great event & you got some super shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love duplicated, that is so cool Karen! And that little fiddle player so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duplicate And time together were so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mornin' Karen, love those Celtic festivals. We have one on Maine coast called the Highland Games and it's so much fun. The last time I tried that step dancing I tripped myself and sprained my ankle.....no more step dancing for me! Hope your week ahead is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you tried it! I am not coordinated enough to even attempt it.

      Delete
  11. The dancing couple and the little fiddler are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I'm so jealous of your Celtic festival! That sounds like a blast!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew you liked bagpipe music! Just like dad :). Awesome shot of the kilts nd feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked it....just because it is so different and almost haunting. But listening to it yesterday almost brought me to tears just knowing how much Dad would have loved it. I am getting so sentimental in my advanced years!

      Delete
  14. The fiddler is adorable, I just love his little smile! I really enjoyed your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the repeating pattern in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was the Celtic festival by any chance in Bethlehem, PA? I was visiting family there almost two years ago and attended one. Love your photos! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Close....Horsham PA..about 40 minutes south of Bethlehem. It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!