Saturday, August 4, 2012

Scavenger Hunt ~ August 5, 2012

Between work, the heat, afternoon thunderstorms....and The Olympics....it was tough getting out to shoot this week. But I did! And I'm watching The Olympics - again - as I edit and post. Thank goodness they only last 17 days because I don't get much done!

Going Back in Time ~ See those flowered drinking glasses in the window of a local vintage shop? They take my right back to my childhood.  Those were our everyday glasses growing up...they came from the grocery store and were filled with sour cream!  Why don't they package items like that anymore?! Did anyone else have those, or am I dating myself?

Something Just for Me ~ There is nothing like the vibrant hues of zinnias to brighten my day. This is SOOC.

Best Part of My Day ~ This could have been used for Going Back in Time, but it really was the highlight of my day.  I was at a Farmer's Market and of course my first stop was the baked goods.  Sitting there, calling my name, was a tray of Elephant Ears.  I LOVE Elephant Ears, and I remember them from my childhood as being as big as my face.  I only ever see Pigs Ears...which are, obviously, smaller.  Well these Elephant Ears are the size of my now adult-sized face, and although I had to take a short break, I ate the whole thing myself!

Night & Day ~ That beautiful time of the night/day, when the sun is setting, the moon is out, and the sky is painted with color.

Look Up ~ I just love this old-time theater.

Have a great week. Off to check out your photos...and watch some more of The Olympics!    ~Karen
YourSundayBestScavenger Hunt Sunday

31 comments:

  1. These are great. Love the colors in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose elephant's ears look fabulous, I've never heard of them before, some sort of pastry I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that old theater, too. So nostalgic. Great set this week, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I have not had or seen elephant ears in forever!!! YUM! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I did wear those fish nets in my recitals - made my legs look funny when I took them off! haha And oh boy I could really go for one of those ears right now. Wonderful set Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun shots. The retro items, the popping color of the zinnias, the fun of the bread shot, the wondrous night sky and the old theater, all wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cool theater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so great! Love that going back in time and look up! I haven't had an elephant ear in years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if my post made you want ice cream, but this post DEFINITELY made me want an elephant ear : )
    Love your pictures. So glad we are neighbors.
    Also glad they were able to save the theater in Doylestown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALWAYS want ice cream, but your post made me immediately go to Mapquest to find the quickest route to get there! Elephant ears are at Doylestown Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings.

      Delete
  10. Yummy Elephant Ears, I can image how they taste. We might have something like them here in Finland too. And altogether I like you 3 first photos most !!!! Those zinnias are so colorful !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the zinnias and the Elephant Ears shots! Flowers just make a girl so happy, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic captures and I can't believe I have never heard of elephant ears. Live and learn!

    Thank you for sharing at YSB this week. Truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love vintage shops! I always find things that remind me of my childhood. And the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. Thanks for stopping by Online Mummy and leaving the lovely comment. The Elephant Ears really do look Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is that the County Theater in Doylestown? My husband and I lived there the first few years of marriage. What a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Leeanne! Doylestown is one of my " go to" places when I need some inspiration!

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed seeing your what you found on your hunt. Those flowers are so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your something just for me, and the elephant ears look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great images! I don't remember these glasses, but I do remember clear cut glasses that came in the oats box!! I miss those days!! I wish I could have had one of those elephant earts with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your night and day photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shots - love those zinnias!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots. The theater is great. Funny to see an old theater with the word digital on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of your shots are fabulous!! =) Love love the theater shot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous shots, Karen! Really love the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen. Great pictures as always. The farmers market really hit me. We have just found out I have gluten problems but love the breads. Love the old theater. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Night and Day is so beautiful... I love the light.

    Farmers' markets are my weaknesses. I cannot pass one without wanting to stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Neat photos. I'm glad you found some time in between watching various Olympic events. :))

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've taken lots of shots of that theater myself! That shop looks like a lot of fun!! I remember those sour cream cups now that you've reminded me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!