Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt....August 12, 2012

Interesting prompts this week.  I decided to do something different and roll them all up into one.  So, I used my Mobile phone to create a Collage of photos of my Home.  On the top left, is my photo of Always Look on the Bright Side...my second daughter's stuffed animals who miss her almost as much as her father and I do.  The bright side is that she will be home soon! (note - despite the stuffed animals, she is 22 but will always be our baby)  Bottom left is from my first daughter's empty room.  She moved to New York and Hanging by a Thread (or wire) is the reason why.  While I think she was born to make me laugh, she was absolutely born to sing....or act.  You've gotta go for your dreams!  Obviously, the center photo is of our home, and the pictures on the right are from our yard.  The top is of a crape myrtle my mom and dad bought for us after a family vacation to North Carolina...I think of them every time I look at it. And the bottom right is a little spot in the shade where I like to read.

“Home is the nicest word there is.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Off to check out your photos....Have a great week!
Scavenger Hunt Sunday

15 comments:

  1. Karen, I love how you wrapped all the prompts into one of the prompts, very creative! And I hope your daughter breaks a leg in New York, figuratively, of course! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mommy! I'm not sure if I can even comment on this since I don't have a blog myself, but I love the collage! Also, I must have missed your pictures last week, but I love the one of the County Theater, and I want to go to that shop in the first picture! Proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud of you too! Shopping it is!

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen, wonderful how you made the collage. Thanks for the home tour, too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you put all these into the collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clever girl, you....great set for today's prompts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you interpreted the prompts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen! This is just awesome! Super creative to add them all together, & they are all BEAUTIFUL my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to combine all the prompts into your collage. You have a lovely home (such pretty flowers) and obviously love your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the creativity of this post, Karen. That bench looks like sweet spot to relax in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Karen. First, that comment from your daughter is too sweet! Second, your shots for this week are so perfect. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun idea for the scavenger hunt! Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute Phanatic there on your daughter's bed!! Your shady spot looks so peaceful. Crepe myrtles are so pretty this time of year. My mom has one in her garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collage! And what a fun idea. You have such a lovely reading spot.
    So glad you'll be spending time with your girl soon ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!