Saturday, August 25, 2012

Scavenger Hunt...August 26, 2012

Every Sunday when I read the prompts for the upcoming week I have one of two reactions:
(1) I'll never find these things
OR
(2) I don't think I'll do Scavenger Hunt this week
Yes...my self confidence is lacking...especially when it comes to photography.  But YOUR photos are always creative and beautiful! Then I find myself motivated and look out all week for photo opportunites that I can somehow make fit the prompts.  Its such a feeling of accomplishment when I have all five...even when they are a stretch!  

School - I work in a high school. This is what I see every day. I like taking photos to escape the chaos of work - especially this time of year! So I had a "take your camera to work" day.

Rule of Thirds - This one - and the next two - were taken while waiting for my daughter's train to arrive.  There are sculptures all around the train station.

Side Profile - Again....at the train station.  I drive to this train station quite often, yet every single time, this sculpture catches me off-guard.  I ALWAYS think these are real people and they scare me!

Small - This sculpture isn't small, but it makes everything around it look small.  It's modeled after the painting American Gothic by Grant Wood....that one with the farmer holding the pitchfork.  I photographed it from different angles but found the back interesting...like they're watching over everything. This is what that previous couple is pointing at.

Motion - Scullers on the Schuylkill River.
YourSundayBestScavenger Hunt Sunday

There you have it! Off to check out your photos....have a great week!  ~Karen



33 comments:

  1. I would be freaked out by those sculptures too!! I always wonder if I can find all of the scavenger hunt prompts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the repetition of the lockers. If u see my daughter in those hallways, tell her I said you should feel free to use her as a prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well even if your confidence is not there, you bring the goods at crunch time. Love the "Small" shot and the rowers for Motion. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ye of little faith...but I think the same thing sometimes! Your school photo is perfect, and love the rule of thirds shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are great! I recognized the famous pitchfork couple instantly. And I definitely know what you're talking about with the scavenger hunt. That's why I haven't done it in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your choices! (and I used a shot of a bird and called it "too cool for school"...so I say, if you can't find it...fake it!) Your locker shot is cool. And I really like your shots of the different statues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great group of photos! Unique, different angles. I like them all but particularly like the rule of third silhouette baseball players and the school lockers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the lockers...and your motion shot is gorgeous, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic shots! I understand what you feel when you first read the prompts. But then, at some point during the week finding them becomes a whole lot of fun, I really enjoy seeing everyone's interpretations. The motion shot is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, you are super creative!! Love the motion on the Schuylkill, I miss spending afternoons along Kelly Drive watching the boats come out of Boat House Row!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! Those sculptures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your set this week!
    Great work with the lockers and all the lovely statues ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sculptures are weird....from the waist down they really look real, looks like fake tops on real bottoms.
    Great shots, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those lockers gave me flashbacks. Love the motion and creative use of those sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love the statues. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great series. Those sculptures look real indeed. Love the school photo!
    Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen, I love your take on school and those train station statues really do look real!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! I love the Rule of Thirds and the Schuylkill River ones! Glad you found something to do while waiting to pick me up at the train station :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, nice photo! Let's be friends? Http://lengilochka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. all great captures and interpretation!
    visiting from YSB

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great images. I love the first one, there's something very calm and yet intresting about it. And I share your thoughts on the difficult prompts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all great! Those sculptures look so real. And I love the shot you took of the lockers. Perfection. Glad you played along this time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great captures this week. I can certainly see why you think the statue is real...they really do!! Great dof in your first shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the father/son baseball photo... really well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great sculptures you got to photograph! I love the locker shot. It makes me miss school. A lot of time and memories were made a lockers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great set! Those sculptures do look like real people!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You hit the prompts perfectly! I really love the rowing- I have always wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you did wonderfully! I really love the Rule of Thirds and the rowing shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are terrific. I'd love to see the front of that huge statue sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful set of photos. You really ought to feel more confident about your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the first two... esp. the one from the train station!! fun fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!