Saturday, January 12, 2013

Scavenger Hunt - January 13, 2013

Welcome back to another week of winter.  I confess....I am not a winter person.  I don't like being cold, and no matter what - I am always cold! So when I saw the first prompt was "outside", I cringed a little. Happily, the weather cooperated and we had Spring-like temperatures this week.  The sun even came out! Oh happy day :)

Outside ~ I was waiting for my coffee to brew while in my normal Monday morning fog  I glanced up and witnessed this spectacular sunrise outside my window.  

Backside ~ So many possibilities here...many of which I would not want photographed or shared :)  I went with this one.  Personally, I find geese a bit scary and this is the view of them I like best...them walking AWAY from me!

Little things ~ I think somebody forgot to tell this tiny pink rose that it's Winter! What a surprise to come across this beauty while wandering one day.  Amazing little thing that made my day.


A cup of ~ My morning tea and my latest Book Club selection. 

Reflect ~  I just love these trees, and it was double the beauty with their reflections in the pond. I wish I could climb the trees and take a picture from that angle as reflected in the pond, but I don't think the park employees would have allowed it.  Besides, I couldn't walk to the other side of the pond because that is where those scary geese were.


Off to check out your photos over at Ramblings & Photos with Ashley Sisk
Have a great week!   ~Karen

21 comments:

  1. Great shots this week!! Haven't the sunrises and sunsets been stunning lately? I'm scared of geese too!! it would have been cool if you got up in the tree for the reflection shot..but also scary!!
    The rose is so cute! Let me know what you think of the book. I read it over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember what Nana always said, "Cold hands means you have a warm heart!" I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love that backside picture -- and you know how much I hate birds! I'm also a big fan of that rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HONKERS!!!!! Beware :). I do like that shot processed in BW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hunt, love your "Backside" and the "A cup of" shots. The little bird on the mug is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The backside of the geese - that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each and every ONE of your finds in the hunt are perfect. I especially like the Canadian Geese's backsides and rose bud. Oh and not to leave out the trees' reflection on the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shot of the geese and I agree - that is the best view of them! I was once chased down the road by a flock of geese who happened to notice I had a box of crackers in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would cause recurring nightmares for me!

      Delete
  8. Glorious sunrise. I adore the Geese and love it when they land behind our house. Happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I LOVE your photos. Especially that winter rose, how resilient! I'm following you now via GFC to look at more of your great photos in the coming weeks :)

    Meg @ myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, I love the contrast between the cold outside and the cozy and warm tea and a book. Life needs a little of both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful sunrise photo..... lovely tones. And the geese behinds... hee. We're not big fans of Canadian Geese in my household......(My hubby is a green's keeper at a golf course. You know, their favorite place to stop and POOP!)

    Enjoyed your little rose and your reflect shot too.
    Happy Sunday - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a really beautiful, creative set!! each image perfect for the prompt!!

    i found and shared a rose bud this week as well. a pretty one that never got a chance to bloom!!

    reflection is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots Karen, I hope you are having a beautiful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots! I love the sunrise one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots - love those geese!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shot... I really love the first and last ones. The reflection on the lake and those leafless trees are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. Your photos look amazing. That outside shot has to be my favorite.

    Linda~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in agreement with you on the geese but it is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful shots, Karen. I really love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely selection. I'm glad the weather cooperated with you. Personally, I LOVE winter...but I know many people don't like it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!