Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scavenger Hunt - February 10, 2013

I wasn't going to do Scavenger Hunt this week as I hadn't taken my camera out once.  However, when my daughter said she looks forward to seeing what I come up with, I didn't want to disappoint her.  I'm sure there have been several times in my life when I have unintentially disappointed her, so why add to the list :)  Conveniently, I had Friday off from work so I had a full day to use my camera, but Friday was rainy, windy, and prep day for the "big" snow...a disappointing 3 inches in our neck of the woods.  Plan B: Welcome to my cell phone edition of Scavenger Hunt.

The Small Things
I just love these mini apples.  I threw a normal sized apple into the bin for comparison. They're so darn cute!

Illustration
Pretty tulip bouquet edited to look like a sketch.  This would be my illustration for "Spring".

Valentine
Truth be told, I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. It's just one of those commercial holidays that drive me nuts.  Such pressure!  But, you can't go wrong with these.....

Work of Art
A display of culinary art

Window Beauty
I had to go to the mall to make one final Christmas return.  The aroma wafting from Williams-Sonoma drew me to their store where I saw this. This is one of those stores where I feel like I "need" everything once I see it.  I now need this Hand-Hammered Copper Couscoussier...who doesn't?!

I want to thank my daughter for encouraging me to get off my butt and take some pictures....love you!!

Off to check off your Scavenger Hunt photos over at Ramblings and Photos with Ashley Sisk. 
Scavenger Hunt Sunday

19 comments:

  1. I am the same way at the fancy kitchen stores! Good thing I have a small kitchen so I know I have no room for the awesome items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photo set. Love the valentine photo. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I think I have a copper pot in my kitchen drawer, given to me because someone never used it :). Hmmmmm, who could that be? Love that deli display...gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Want" and "have room for" are two entirely different things! Besides....that was a simple double boiler! This is a couscoussier - something no kitchen is complete without :)

      Delete
  4. okay, im officially hungry after all those yummy pictures!! great collection for the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!! I recognize that store! I agree with you about William Sonoma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pucker up pops made me laugh. I love Williams Sonoma also although I have no idea what most of it is for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your set! Creative ideas for the prompts! Those little apples are about my size, I'll have to see if I can find some here! Also, love your work of art! Beautifully edited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You posted! I love those tiny apples. So cute! And you never disappoint me! My teenage self might say differently, but, I think we all know you should never listen to a mean 16 year old Alyssa...

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super super!! I used food as art and tried to use my pencil sketch app, but it's not that good *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for not skipping this week as these are outstanding choices. Your illustration is breath-taking and I am totally hearing ya on the whole Valentine sham - oof! Don't even get me started on Williams-Sonoma - between them and Crate & Barrel I am a walking sucker and everything would be 'perfect' in my already too cluttered house, but I can't leave without something, anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely need the copper Couscoussier...what exactly is a Couscoussier???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either, but that hammered copper just caught my eye. As per the Williams-Sonoma website, "Faithful to its North African origins, this handmade copper couscoussier is actually two pots in one: a perforated top pot for steaming couscous or vegetables, and a bottom container for stewing beef, lamb, chicken or vegetables." Very practical!

      Delete
  12. Oh my that food looks good! I have never seen mini apples! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your work of art interpretation is great! At the moment all of mine are on my mobile/cell phone so its nice to not be alone!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Golly I wish we had mini Apples here. They are just my size, too. Love, love, love the Tulips and want to try painting it as a miniature watercolor if you will give me permission.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!