Saturday, April 13, 2013

Scavenger Hunt ~ April 14, 2013

Yikes....I've been away for awhile!  I just haven't had the motivation.  Nothing around me has looked "photo-worthy".  I have been blaming the weather, the lack of sunshine, anything and everything!  Well...I just returned from a short trip to Arizona with my hubby and the warmth and sunshine boosted my spirits and made me dust off my camera.  It was a busy week...but a fun week!

GLOW

OLD
Old Glory flying above the Arizona State flag

SHADOW
A boy, a ball, and his shadow.  This young man kept himself entertained throughout a double-header...which is no easy task! 

SPRING
Spring in Arizona

SMILE
This is a sculpture by American artist, Philip Haas, inspired by Giuseppe Arcimboldo's Italian renaissance painting of the Four Seasons.  This is Spring...and he is smiling...because he is Spring!

It feels good to be back! I'm on my way over to Scavenger Hunt to see what you found.


20 comments:

  1. Nice, warm, happy shots! And that smile guy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like that first shot...did you use your Tamron or kit lens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my kit lens. I can't get that tight of a focus with the Tamron. :(. (Plus....it's heavier and I just couldn't carry anymore onto the plane!)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was going to say I can't get that good of a close up with my Tamron either. Looks great!

      Delete
  3. You came back with a lovely series of shots!
    LOVE the butterfly capture!
    'Old' Glory was a nice outside the box interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the last shot, smile. It sure made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your glow picture is AMAZING! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back - very good choices all around. I really enjoyed the sculpture and your choice for shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great - some amazing cacti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your glow picture is stunning and the smile picture fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great Karen! Glad you're back and being inspired again. Arizona is beautiful. I love your first shot and the little boy too! I have to get out and do my hunt today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful day to spend with your camera! Thanks for calling me out on my absence :)

      Delete
  10. I would say welcome back but I didn't know you were missing since this is my first time participating! LOL. My favorite was glow. Just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too like the glow shot best. Perhaps you need to use your kit lens more often :) ?

    Glad you are feeling inspired. We moved a year and a half ago and it was not until two months ago that I felt like being creative. Before that it seemed that the creativity had been flattened out of me, so I do know waht it is like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots Karen. Ohhh, I find that Spring guy kind of scarey. :) Hope you have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set. Glow is my favorite from your set.
    Old Glory was a great interpretation of the prompt.
    Spring in Arizona is very different (still lovely in it's own special way).
    Great shot for shadow and your Smile shot was so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool statue- also love your first shot, lovely glow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your smile wins as far as I am concerned. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found you through Ashley's hunt. I love the top shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!