Friday, July 12, 2013

Random 5 Friday

I've been following Nancy @ A Rural Journal for quite awhile now.  Nancy is so talented AND interesting...an enviable combination!  Personally, I've been struggling with my motivation to practice my photography so I thought I'd try participating in this meme this week.  Five random facts....hmmmm.  Here goes!

1)   I LOVE yellow....sunshine, roses, lemons.  They all make me smile.  Ironically, I dislike lemonade - but its display makes me smile. 

2) I'm so happy that maxi skirts are in style.  Maxis are comfortable, easy to throw on, and are much cooler than pants or even shorts.  Everything old is new again!  I'm just dreading the day that huge, poufy sleeves from the 80's return.

3) This is a public service announcement....Today, July 12th is Cow Appreciation Day.  Show up at a Chick-fil-A fully dressed as a cow and you'll get a free meal.  Seriously...how many meals do you think they give away today.  Since I am sharing this info with you, all I ask in return is that if you participate, PLEASE send me a photo!!

4) I am adjusting to a new phase in my life that involves NOT going to work anymore.  The only hard part about it is that I never know what day of the week it is.

5) I always need a good book next to me.  I just finished Khaled Hosseini's And The Mountains Echoed.  It brought me to tears more than once which is NOT easy to do. 

Happy Friday!
Random 5 Friday


 

14 comments:

  1. Yellow is so cheery!! I'm sure you'll adjust to NOT going to work:)))... I found I got busier when I was not working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is happy and summery for sure. And i love everything lemon.. especially lemonade! :F

    How do you feel about huge 80s hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, that's suppised to be a big smile! You know.. :D

    Awful typo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I thought the other day that I would much prefer to wear a sari around the house rather than jeans or shorts. I quickly discarded that thought. ;)

    Thanks so much for joining in Karen -- I thoroughly enjoyed your random facts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. KH's book always bring me to tears and often I have to put them aside and begin again another day, tho I do love his books. That is a lovely photo, I love yellow and lemonade with LOTS of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Chick-Fil-A....both my boys' first jobs were there. We participated in cow appreciation days for many years, but recently, the lines are just too long to participate. I'd rather pay for my meal. My elder son got a $1,000 scholarship to go to college from them. They are good to their employees.

    Love yellow. Love maxis...and I agree that they ARE cooler than pants and shorts! Looking forward to the day I no longer have to punch that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that yellow!! Some 80's fashions need to stay there!! I will have to check out that book. I've been plowing through books this summer. Enjoy your work-free life and you really don't need to know what day of the week it is do you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just in Chick Fil A and I saw the sign for Cow day coming up. I would just like to sit there and see the costumes coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have Chick Fil A here . Too bad - I'd love to see all the cows lining up there. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Hosseini's book too - a good read. Yes to long skirts - no to big shoulders! I won't be getting a free meal today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have to adjust to the phase of NOT going to work! Ha!

    No Chick-fil-A here, but if there were.....my Dream Boy would be fully dressed in COW! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow is a cheery color only I never wear it because I have pale skin and it makes me look like a "dead-chicken."
    Oh you made me laugh about wearing the cow costume. We don't have Chick-fil-A stores here where I live.
    Poofy sleaves not so bad but those hugs shoulder pads...ugh!
    I need another good book to read. Maybe I check out the one you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love yellow too. such a great color. enjoy your maxi dress ... i need to get one. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is your Maxi skirt of the "Little House on the Prarie" calico design? Didn't we use to have smething like that? lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!