Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Double link up today!  First ~ shout out to my sister and her inaugural Song-ography link at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out.  What a great idea to combine songs & photos.  It's just one more instance where I say, "Why didn't I think of that?!"  Join in on the fun!

Homeward Bound
"I wish I was Homeward Bound" ~ Simon & Garfunkel
 
Seriously...I wish she was Homeward Bound and not returning to The Big Apple with her fiancé!  We have so much wedding planning to do and time is running out.  She doesn't look happy to be leaving.  Does she??
 
And now my return to Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks and am a bit rusty.
 
RELAXING
I took two photos of this guy sunning on the steps of a store.  In the first, both eyes were closed.  He was so disturbed by my presence that he cracked open that one eye to peek at me and didn't move at all....very relaxed!
 
INSPIRING PERSON
This amazing mural "Inspiration" in State College, PA by Michael Pilato honors so many people important to the history of The Pennsylvania State University and State College, PA. 
 
"Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good." ~ Joseph Vincent Paterno 
 
WRITTEN WORDS
 
MEMORIES
Such wonderful college memories from this bar that just happens to have an awesome sign! It's one of those great places where we danced the nights away to oldies.  I may have consumed one or two beers there in my day!
 
BEST FRIEND
No doubt about it.  My husband is definitely my best friend.
 
Have a great week!  ~Karen
 
 


29 comments:

  1. Okay, TOTALLY love that shot of Alyssa and Matt at the train station! Especially the look on her face. Priceless. And I KNOW you wish she were "Homeward Bound" more often (or at least your hubs does, lol). Glad you had a good time at the ARts Fest at STate College. And the 'Gaff holds a special place in both my and the Better-Half's heart too. It's the first place he told me that he loved me...after a fight of course, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You were at the Artsfest this week? I was also there. Hope you had a great time! I remember the 'written words' booth! Thought about one of those for a gift :) Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your Train Station shot is great! It's hard to have kids away from home but then again sometimes it's hard to still have them at home!
    SHS - Welcome back. I love your relaxed dog. I chose a relaxed cat for that prompt. What is it about animals and relaxing?
    That Mural is pretty cool looking and so was the sign from the bar in your Memories shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Kathy's meme - that's a great shot at the railway station and suits the mono conversion so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first photo has a wonderful atmosphere! Poignant sadness, wistfulness but also a sense of what must be done. Like how the train pales into the light too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! I just love me some Simon & Garfunkel! The picture of you and the hubby is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to check out the song/music link up. that is a great idea. Your dog picture is great. He certainly does look relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww....your Kathy's sister? Nice to meet you! Love the image. Such a perfect capture of Homeward Bound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Thanks for visiting :). I'm enjoying seeing everyone's visions of Homeward Bound!

      Delete
  9. Such great selections for both linkys this week!!
    Loving the idea of songs and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think most of us could take a clue from our 4-legged friends on how to relax! Neat idea using a mural of inspirting people to your State and I like the "written words" message too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect choices for both memes. Absolutely love the 'homeward bound' and still remember that conflicted emotion of leaving "home" to return home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see you back! Looks like a fun weekend. it's sad when the kids go off...I'm still missing my girl who is away this summer for an internship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I finally felt like taking the camera out again :). I guess it's a good thing that we miss our kids. I'd hate to think I'd be happy when they aren't nearby!

      Delete
  13. Awesome shots,and you're just as talented as your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shots, Karen - love that Relaxing doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from Song-ography! That's a great shot of the train -- the black and white tones, the expression on your daughter's face, the imminent boarding of the train to go on a journey. My daughter just got engaged and is moving to another state. So I'll have lots of angst and adventures, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys must all be in wedding world...with two capitol W's!! My daughter's been married about 18 months...and those wedding planning months were amazing. It's hard - oh so hard...no matter how happy we are for them... to watch them head off. Big sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Homeward Bound shot. Such deep thought on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linking up from Song-ography. Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your sister's new meme, really great idea! Your images are all excellent but I do love the sleepy dog

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what fun shots you have this week...you rival your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love pictures that tell a story! this definitely raises some questions... {not in a bad way...} is she making a list of tasks to complete when she gets home? is she trying to figure out if she has stuff to pack her lunch for work tomorrow? is she thinking, boy, this wedding planning is exhausting. Cool pic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh - sorry! forgot to tell you how much I loved the dog raising his eyebrow to let you know you were bugging him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Post... Love your Homeward Bound shot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will take my success with a grain of salt please.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!