Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 19, 2014 ~ Forever Grace

Yikes...the last time I participated in anything photography-related was almost 3 months ago!  I think The Lazy Song, this week's selection for Songography at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out , was directed at me personally.
 "Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just want to lay in my bed"
(I blame this on that blog showing on my iPad!)
Sometimes, it's just easier to lay around and look at everything everyone else is doing, flip through the channels, catch up on my reading, and snuggle down with my fuzzy blanket.  Not today though!  Notice the sun shining on my book?!
Instead, I ventured out to catch an exhibit I've been wanting to visit for awhile...From Philadelphia to Monaco: GRACE KELLY Beyond the Icon.    Her charm and style are timeless.  Unfortunately, no photography was allowed, but that just enabled me to soak up the elegance that surrounded her. 
 
 (this was BEFORE the actual exhibit...so I was allowed to take this one!)

After strolling through an amazing array of every day wear and ball gowns, love letters from Prince Ranier, notes from other famous people including Bing Crosby, Alfred Hitchcock, Princess Diana, and one hysterical one about Jack Nicholson...guests are invited to write a postcard to Grace.  It's a fascinating exhibit highlighting her love for her husband, children, and friends.  So sad that her life ended so tragically, and so early.

Thanks for stopping by!  ~Karen

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful and interesting exhibit. She was indeed a symbol of style and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My time is quickey running out to get to this exhibit...it's been on my "must do" list for months now! Cool blog you are looking at :). Glad you got off your lazy day duff and joined in on Song-ography sis!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only reason I have to get out of bed on Saturdays and Sundays is because the tv and computer are in the living room, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That exhibit sounds very intriguing. And that blog you're looking at ---- it has been the reason for my laziness many a day as well. Just saying'…..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are looking at Kathy's blog in the image. The scene actually looks pretty perfect. Remote, iPad, lounging. Wonderfully relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to get to that exhibit, too!!! It sounds fantastic. I love your shot with the remote and the way the light falls across the book. Very cozy. I really couldn't blame you for feeling lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can...go! It was so interesting :)

      Delete
  7. Grace Kelly is my all-time favorite elegant lady (with Audrey Hepburn a close second)! How fun to go to this exhibit. I'm sure you enjoyed it and were glad you made the effort to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seem to be busy lazing around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the images…what are you reading? Grace Kelly was so beautiful and elegant.Would have loved to visit the exhibition !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am TRYING to read my book club book....My Name Is Mary Sutter....but I keep getting distracted!

      Delete
  10. That looks like a great exhibit! You were near me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace Kelly lived up to her name - she was the epitome of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes it is fun to just soak it all in and not worry about photographs!! I'm not sure that has ever happened to me ;)

    Sounds like a great exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I would hate it if I couldn't take photo's to remember the event. She seemed like such a graceful and elegant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems to be a wonderful exhibit. For a wonderfully, graceful Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like that has the potential for a great exhibition.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!