Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 2, 2014 ~ Song-ography

Geez, Kathy...do you realize it's frigid out there??   And you pick The Proclaimers, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)?!  Only for my sister will I bundle up and face the elements.

I've heard the song, but I don't think I've ever really listened to what it was saying. After reading the lyrics I came to the conclusion that it's pretty basic.  It sums up everything I feel about my husband...if you add "wo" in front of the word "man"!

Sometimes you have to brave the elements.  Sometimes everything isn't clear.  Sometimes there is a bend in the road.  Sometimes you feel off balance...

  "But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the (wo)man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door"

Thanks for stopping by!  ~Karen

16 comments:

  1. Love the movement to your image. Definitely feel the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love both the woman AND the man to which you refer :)! So glad you got out with your camera, and I agree... It's freakin cold out there! Fantastic sense of movement in this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pic--I like the blurry effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sense of movement in your photo is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lensbaby? Regardless - excellent shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lensbaby....just a little editing!

      Delete
  6. Love this shot! It does look like a Lensbaby. Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! For some reason, I can't get on to your blog...but I'll keep trying :)

      Delete
  7. Love the blur that gives a sense of movement. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant. What software did you use to create this effect

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly. I use Picasa for my editing. I used the Soft Focus tool for this photo.

      Delete
  9. oh you were so brave to face the elements...lovely shot. Yes is sure does look like a lensbaby...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot, love the blurrrr!! What us girls won't do to participate in these fun link ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool shot, I like the processing on this. It does add a sense of motion to the scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!