Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014 ~ Random 5 Friday

Late Bloomer ~ Amaryllis
1) I tend to see situations in black and white.  That does not mean want to see my surroundings in black and white.  I've decided THAT is the reason this winter is grating on me.  I NEED COLOR!
2) The Olympics make me happy.
3) I am reading A Widow For One Year by John Irving.  Not sure how I feel about it.  Have you read it?
4) Chocolate makes me happy.  I am way too happy lately!
5) Spiders....UGH.  One just crossed my path on my way to check to see if the basement is leaking.  I turned right around.  I hope he drowns.

Have a great weekend!  ~Karen
Random 5 Friday

9 comments:

  1. Chocolate makes me happy, too!

    Have a good weekend : ) (and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not read A Widow For One Year...sounds too sad. However, I am well acquainted with chocolate and it makes me happy, too. The photo of the late blooming Amaryllis also makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER see things in black and white (though my landscape is plenty white right now). Yes, to the chocolate! I hope the leak isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dislike spiders as well .. but i think i have a foot that can crunch them. snakes on the other hand. you can crunch a snake. ha. ha!! ( :
    i love chocolate!! yum!! what is your favorite kind or type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no....no I have visions of me stepping on a snake!! As for my favorite chocolate....dark, or M&Ms, or Reesee's Peanut butter Cups, or Peanut Chews, or.....(I'm guessing you can see my problem here!!)

      Delete
  5. Oh Karen, I'm sure Spring is chuckling in the background and ready to visit us all soon. Your Amaryllis reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Color and chocolate, now that's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone seems to be craving color through this winter.
    I'll have me some chocolate too!
    Spiders don't freak me out near as much now. I love to photograph them more then step on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot bring myself to kill a spider as I know they feast on other unwelcome pests -- loved your pretty red bloom today! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!