Wednesday, April 30, 2014

O Spring, Spring! Wherefore art thou?

I'm very confused.  I vaguely remember hearing that Spring had sprung.  The calendar says it's April, which should mean it's Spring.  The Spring Equinox has passed.  Yet I sit here clinging to a cup of hot coffee with a fleece blanket wrapped around me enjoying what heat I can find.  The cold, rain is pounding on my windows....again.  They world outside looks like a watercolor where the artist over mixed all of the pretty colors and the result is a color that Crayola would probably call "Muck".  Today is a perfect day for Black & White Wednesday....because my Wednesday is illustrated in Black & White.

Luckily, I was able to photograph a rare Spring day when the flowers were still on the branches and not laying, trampled, on the ground.
That's the joy of photography...Even when we can't remember things that happened, we have proof that they did. 

Hoping the sun is shining wherever you are!

My Memory Art

11 comments:

  1. Sipping my hot coffee under a blanket as I read. So done with it. I kept really positive through the end of the winter until this week - now I'm just ticked. And damp. And cold! Love the black and white of the blossoms....really shows off the subtle pattern of lines in the petals! They're saying 64 here tomorrow...fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, it's wet and grey here in Maine too. I just want to go back to bed and dream of warm sunny places. Your photo of the Magnolias (?) is lovely. Wishing you a sunny tomorrow. We are supposed to have more rain. Blek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wind chill near freezing here! Insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful b&w post, - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry the petals got blown off the trees. We have rain here today and it is 75, which we are loving since it is already summer time temps here in April- 85-90 with the 70-90% humidity. Today the humidity is 89%, so very oppressive but at least it is not also 90 degrees. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha how cool. Literally huh? I'm all wrapped up too! Love your shot! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely BW macro floral shot for BWW ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it is pretty gross out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tones in this photo. Sorry your spring is so slow to arrive. It's a beautiful day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, a dreary day here, too. I just want to curl up on the sofa and nap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear - weather here is pretty much the same! Hot tea and blanket…again! A lovely picture and a reminder that somehow we had a little spring inbetween...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!