Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014

It's hard to believe that we are already into Week 21 of the CameraShy Take52 Photography Challenge.  One of the challenges for me is finding new things photograph!  For this week's challenge word of "FLASH" I decided to head to the race track.

I feel bad for Heavenly Girl.  Come on...it's right after a holiday weekend.  Her jockey over-indulged and she takes the blame.  We've all been there Heavenly Girl!
In a FLASH....They're out of the gate!
Intensity, Power, Speed
Here comes Gift Wrap literally flying to catch the pack...
And they're in the homestretch.....
Poor Heavenly Girl was nosed out by the winner, Perfect Jewel, and by Louder Than Sound.
 Don't horses have the best names?!

Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to leave a comment so I know you were here :)
 
My Memory Art




12 comments:

  1. Race horses vs. OPI nail colors...hmmmm....I'd like to be in charge of naming both :). Great job capturing the speed and motion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what we should have majored in to qualify for those jobs...Creative. Writing, Art and Animal Science? I'm sure we could have done that at PSU!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen, hope you had a wonderful weekend. We get to watch the ponies here on occasion too. Not like the instant gratification or disappointment one can get at the slots though is it. I wonder why we humans are so competitive that we have to make other species compete too. I'll ponder that thought all day I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I didn't make one wager. I'll have to go back for that :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no I feel bad for HG too! :( You got some fabulous shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should have made her jockey run along next to her!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful action shots of gorgeous horses ~ Happy Week to you ~ don't like horse racing ~ think all animals should be free to be ~ Happy Week to you xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carol! Have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  5. nice captures. Yes horses do have the best names.....California Chrome??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots - such powerful animals. I love the way the hard working muscles stand out in black and white!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments!